Tennessee Valley Public Power Association (TVPPA)/ Seven Sates Power Corp. Job Description
VP, Market Intelligence and Vendor Relations
This position has governance, oversight and accountability for developing and implementing a Market Intelligence structure and executing a Vendor Relations function. This includes originating, developing, coordinating and facilitating the execution of complex structured transactions, with an emphasis on member needs and new products. This position will have significant leadership responsibility in areas including project origination and structuring, developing and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and promoting innovation and intelligent risk taking in Seven States Power Corp. products and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a thorough understanding of the market demands and implementation for Distributed Energy Resources (DER) in the Tennessee Valley and, as appropriate, outside of the existing TVPPA and Seven States Power Corp. member market area.
• In collaboration with TVPPA’s EVP of Market Strategy & Corporate Operations and VP of Engineering & Energy Innovations, develop the strategy for originating new projects to meet member needs, negotiate vendor transactions, ensure the project through completion and demonstrate follow through skills.
• Establish relationships with and support the members of the Tennessee Valley by providing information and guidance on DER products and services. Develop a thorough understanding of the public power model in the Tennessee Valley.
• Work closely with peers and vendors to develop a deep knowledge and understanding of each TVPPA and Seven States Power Corp. member’s existing DER strategy.
• Develop presentation materials for internal staff communications and board materials highlighting transaction benefits, ownership structures and opportunities; present to leadership for approval.
• Lead a process to obtain, analyze and segment existing and potential DER market information in the Tennessee Valley.
• Oversee, in cooperation with the Corporate Data Analyst, the development of a database to house DER market data.
• Coordinate, review and assist in drafting transaction documents that accurately reflect energy solutions and negotiate documents with vendors.
• Lead the assessment of any DER related RFP that TVPPA and/or Seven States Power Corp. receives and develop a proposed recommendation for Senior Management review and approval. Lead the development of a formal response or bid to the RFP as appropriate.
• Originate potential third-party partnerships by assessing business proposals from such parties and participating in discussions to finalize partnership details.
• Lead the development of a Seven States Power Corp. marketing strategy in collaboration with TVPPA’s EVP of Market Strategy & Corporate Operations, VP of Engineering & Energy Innovations and the VP of Communications.
• Maintain responsibility for the TVPPA Valley Supply Chain Committee including leading a process to reestablish TVPPA leadership of the program and serve as the TVPPA liaison with committee members.
• Identify potential opportunities for new DER related TVPPA Education & Training (E&T) classes. Assist the E&T staff in developing the course offering and serve as an instructor as requested.
• Communicate with all TVPPA employees to keep them abreast of evolving projects and issues and promote both knowledge and team building.
• Coordinate with communications team on developing a Seven States Power Corp. social media presence.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, or a related field, MBA or JD preferred
• 10 or more years of business development experience showing progressive growth and responsibility is required
• Experience in the Tennessee Valley marketplace is required
• Experience in the energy industry is required
• Understanding of DER and the changing electric utility marketplace is required
• Up to 30 percent travel within the valley required including overnight and day trips
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Applicants must be able to work in a complex, confidential and changing environment. They must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for resume submissions is 5 p.m. EDT, August 27, 2019